[Dixielandjazz] Antivirus trick

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 00:44:17 PST 2003

Bob TWMMM wrote:

>I don't know about you guys, but I've probably got lots of invalid email
>addresses in my address book.  If this technique worked, I'd think one
>would
>be alerted whether or not he put in a fictitious address.
>
>But maybe that's just me.

That's true . . . I know I've got some outdated e-mail addresses in my
address book. But If I got an e-mail returned saying that my e-mail to
someone I knew was undeliverable it's possible I would not think "virus" but
would instead think "hmmm, what did I try to send to Bob?"

But if I got an e-mail returned which was addressed to WormAlert I'd know
immediately that I should look further into the bowels of my computer.

Again . . . it vouldn't hoit!

Cheers,

Bill "me neither" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com