[Dixielandjazz] FW: Get a virtual workout with Pru's Gym Journal!

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 11 15:21:06 PST 2003

Listen: if you think washboards are odd musical instruments...

My husband and I were browsing in a crafts store when he noticed a display
of country-style musical instruments. After looking over the flutes,
dulcimers and recorders, he picked up a shiny, one-stringed instrument he
took to be a mouth harp. He put it to his lips and, much to the amusement of
other shoppers, twanged a few notes on it.

After watching from a distance, I approached and whispered in his ear, "I
hate to tell you this, dear, but you're trying to play a cheese slicer."