[Dixielandjazz] Texas Liberal Answers

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Sat Feb 8 01:59:39 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/8/03 12:17:17 AM Central Standard Time,
horton4jaz at earthlink.net writes:

> I, also, am an "entrepreneur who happens to be a 'Liberal'", according to
> that Webster definition.  But the title "liberal" has been taken over by
> the
> most illiberal people around, just as the word "gay" has been taken over by
> some people who don't meet Webster's definition of gay.

   Good point about the word, 'gay.'   Gay was a wonderful word that meant
light and cheery or happy but now, of course, it has been distorted to mean a
particular group of people.  I wonder if there is anyway that the media could
be persuaded to call homosexuals homosexuals and return ' gay' to its
rightful and proper usage.  Or is it hopeless and this charming word is lost
forever.

   Jim Beebe