[Dixielandjazz] Cleo Laine again

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Fri Feb 7 10:21:48 PST 2003

>Cleo Laine? Never heard of her.<

  You guys have just been listening to the wrong radio stations!
    pat cooke

Nor had I, Will, which I later found embarrassing as she seems to be so
well-known!  If you go to her web page, you will find that she has put
out up to 6 recordings in a single year, not missing hardly a year since
1950 without at least one release!  Where have WE been is the question,
'cause this little lady has been on top all that time.