[Dixielandjazz] "Night and Day" political views

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Thu Feb 6 15:20:48 PST 2003

A PLEA

"Time After Time," like today, we've seen politics sneaking into DJML posts,
and it can be a "Minor Drag" when we're not "In the Mood" for it.
"Okey-Doke," maybe a little bit is tolerable -- even productive -- however,
with troops building in the Mid-East, it does appear imminent that "There'll
Be Some Changes Made," and "I'm Confessin'" that I wonder how this might
impact friendships on the DJML. "I Remember You" good people as "Just
Friends," not enemies -- friends with a common love of jazz. Even within the
jazz family, not everyone is "Exactly Like You."

Naturally, you and "I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues," and if we wish to
discuss politics, we could write each other off-list. Or... do what Ben
Franklin wisely did in "Solitude" whenever he needed to vent: "I'm Gonna Sit
Right Down and Write Myself a Letter" but not send it! (Or post it.) That
ought to "Shake it and Break it."

Politics will inevitably creep in. "My Ideal" would be to keep such
discussions "In a Mellow Tone." I'd sure like to "Linger Awhile" on this
list and learn more about jazz, so whaddya say? "Let's Get Lost" in "Smiles"
while focusing on the music. "It Don't Mean a Thing (if it Ain't Got that
Swing)," right?

"For All We Know," you or I could die tomorrow, so "I Want to be Happy"
reading about music on the DJML. Hey, "Sugar," let's not be "Singin' the
Blues." No jive. "Look for the Silver Lining" and "Blue Skies" "on the Sunny
Side of the Street." "Shine!" "S'Wonderful!!" "What a Wonderful World!!!"

"All My Love" and hugs,
Nancy
"Keepin' Out of Mischief Now"  ;)

Musical content? I can't think of any.