[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Cubs band article

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 5 23:41:59 PST 2003

on 2/5/03 11:03 PM, JazzMnJoe at aol.com at JazzMnJoe at aol.com wrote:

> The band began in 1982 founded by trumpet player Ted Butterman. At one time
> they were called The Florsheim Five. The bands uniforms and jackets had the
> Florsheim logo on them. The 2003 Cubs Band includes Ted Butterman - trumpet,
> Tom Bartlett - trombone, John Blegen - clarinet, Ed Wilkinson - tuba, and a
> banjo player. Many famous musicians have played with the Cubs Band including
> trombone players Russ Phillips, Bill Hanck, Frank McCallum, Harry Graves.
> Clarinet players included Tom Fisher, Stu Genevese, Chuck Hedges and Eric
> Schneider. Tuba players included Mike Walbridge, Chris Stind, Dennis Morris,
> Ron Brusky, Jerry Mulvihill; and on banjo they had Jack Kund, Terry Pettijohn,
> Dave Ivaz, Don Stiernberg, Fred Runquist, and Brian Nayor.

Well, gee whiz, Michele:  thanks for leaving me OUT!  "Jack Kund"?  Who the
hell is THAT?  Maybe you mean Jack Kuncle?

Just curious.  Who gave you this "list"?  Butterman?  Probably.  It figures.
Where is Don Sohan?  We played many a game together back in the 80s.  Yeah,
Butterman probably "forgot" Sohan: plays Butterman's butt upside down and
backwards.  No dork to Butterman: Sohan plays almost EVERYBODY'S ass the
same way!  Chuck Hedges?  If Chuck EVER played a Cubs game, he'd never admit
it!

Question: Michele Curatola:  Have you ever seriously questioned whether or
not you should be writing articles about people of whom you know nothing, of
whom you are obviously merely recounting objects, knowing nothing of their
music, of their skill, or of their lack of it.

Michele, I'm sure you are a very nice young lady (or old lady, as far as I
know): but about OKOM you should really SHUT THE HELL UP.  OR LEARN MORE.
Sorry to shout.  But, dear heart, you bother me!

charliehooks at earthlink.net