[Dixielandjazz] Jim Beebe / Croakers

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 13:06:19 PST 2003

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire
UK
www.judyeames.co.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: <Jazzjerry at aol.com>
To: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Jim Beebe / Croakers

>I avoid listening to Ms Laine's efforts
> particularly when the aim seems to be effect rather than substance.

I confess I'm more familiar with her early performances......... I probably
subconsciously deleted her when she got too "oobly" :-)

> There are some very good young British singers

>, Joan Viscant,   aint she American?

>Diane Nahlini ; definitely from Canada.......... she not only sings like a
dream,( she came 2nd in the Perrier young musician awards I believe)  she's
clever too, doing some sort of advanced study at Oxford University .  Some
may recognise her as Diane De Kerkhov.

But yes there are a lot of splendid British singers; young and old and even
some of the men are quite good:-)

Cheers Jude