[Dixielandjazz] interesting

Goggin, Brian (Dublin) GoggiBri at exchange.ie.ml.com
Tue Feb 4 09:52:25 PST 2003

I wouldn't think it's an instrumentalists' thing or a jealousy thing. If
credit is all they're after they'd sing (or try to) themselves.
To be honest I'm not into jazz singers and I would think most of us who are
into the pre-war music wouldn't be either.
However I do like Louis Armstrong's, Jelly Roll Morton's and Fats Waller's
singing and don't mind a little singing on record.
While an occasional vocal is ok, it's still the instruments that hold the
most interest.