[Dixielandjazz] Re: Help? Wild Bill 1951 Boston

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 2 20:28:54 PST 2003

Dear Jim,
Regarding: >Once and for all...Eph Resnick is on trombone.  I'll stake my
reputation on it  (ha ha).
I had that record many years ago and I remember it fairly well.<
Not well enough!
8>)
Please leave the historical stuff to the experts.
We have the 'files' you know.
And some of us have ears!
Best to stick to the thing you 'older' musicians know best.
Telling us about 'how it was'. From the coal face.
No way is Mr Resnick on the WBD band broadcast from 'Storyville', Boston on 7
Nov 1951.
It is Ed Hubble!
Go listen again. Resnick/Hubble. No comparison.
But then (everybody), are talking about the same record?
The clarinet player is NOT Pee Wee. It is Frank Chace  (at least you got the
spelling right Jim!)
More    8>) sssss
Very, very kind regards,
Bill.
(just a young 72 year-old, back from his boozy Sunday arvo gig.)