FW: [Dixielandjazz] I'm Available!

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 1 19:02:57 PST 2003

Hey, Mike: I can't believe how many of us you've got snowed!

Charlie

----------
From: "Richard Broadie" <richard.broadie at gte.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 15:18:28 -0800
To: "Dixieland Jazz" <dixielandjazz at myexcel.com>, "Dixielandjazz at Ml.
Islandnet. Com" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] I'm Available!

I used to play bass at Mike's house when he was a kid.  Would like to think
I was his major influence but know better.  His parents are/were Godparents
of our 21 year old son.  We used to jam at his house with Barney Bigard, Joe
Darensbourg, Teddy Buckner, Alton Purnell and lots of other great players.
His mom, Fran, was the sister of Frank and Freddie Assunto - the Dukes of
Dixieland.  Mike is an excellent musician.   Looking at his roots and his
environment, there's no way he could be less.

Is the check in the mail, Mike?   :-)   Dick