[Dixielandjazz] I'm Available!

Dixieland Jazz dixielandjazz at myexcel.com
Sat Feb 1 09:08:16 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charlie Hooks" <charliehooks at earthlink.net>

and Charlie wrote:

>     And I would like to add:
>
>     To any listmates who have not yet had the pleasure of playing with
Mike,
> you've got a treat coming.  He is not merely a monster player who knows
all
> the tunes in any key; he is also one of the most pleasant people to hang
out
> with that you could find.  He will solve all your old problems and create
no
> new ones.
>
> I guarantee it.
> Charlie

and now I add:

Mike is the best. He has been like a gift to our group. About a year ago,
when we were in search of a good tuba for the Creole Band, someone gave me
Mike's name. He lives two hours away so my hopes were not high, but he said,
"yes!". He drives two hours (one way) for all our Springfield area gigs and
that includes our regular Sunday night romp. (And it ain't for the money,
folks.) It turns out that he's not only dedicated and reliable...but that
he's a phenomenal tuba player as well. Rock solid bass lines and dynamite
solos. And Charlie is right, he's a great guy to be around. I don't know
what I did to be so lucky but we are waaaay beyond pleased to have Mike as a
part of our group.

If you are in need of a tuba, give Mike a call. (Just promise you won't
steal him on Sunday nights...haha.) He's in Northwest Arkansas but I'm sure
will travel anywhere to have fun playing this great music of ours. Contact
him at:

Mike Marois, MikeMarois at HireLiveMusicians.com
http://www.TheDukesofDixieland.com
http://www.HireBands.com
http://www.MaroisApps.com

Thanks, Mike!