[Dixielandjazz] Something for Annie

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 22:04:05 PST 2003

Hello Listmates . . .

Turk Murplhy wrote some spiffy songs which we in the Cell Block 7 enjoy
performing. One of them is called "Something For Annie."  I've wondered who
Annie was.

I talked to Dottie Lawless about this and she knew something about how the
song came about. But she couldn't recall Annie's last name.

I do most of the emcee work with the band and it would help for me to know a
bit more about the song.

What I wanna know . . .

Who was Annie and what was her full neme?

What was her relationship to the Turk Murphy jazz band?

When was the song written?

What ultimately became of Annie?

Can anybody shed any light on this mystery?

Thanks in advance,

Bill "Inquiring minds wanna know" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com