[Dixielandjazz] Mardi Gras - San Diego/flying

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 16:20:00 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/18/03 11:54:15 AM, WILLIAMHORTON at peoplepc.com writes:

<< Looks like the Feb. Pismo Mardi Gras will be their 25th and last,

unfortunately.  The local businesses who sponsored it have abandoned it, and

the Basin Street Regulars club (sponsors of the Jubilee By The Sea) agreed

to take it on in 2004 so it could see its 25th anniversary.  Sponsoring TWO

festivals in a year is a monumental task for a club, though.  ONE is a

monumental task! >>

What a shame. I have only attended the Mardi Gras a few times but really had
a great time when I did. I do believe that the days of large festivals, at
least so many of them as we use to have, are fading again. Maybe they will emerge
again another time but I remember when I was so active we could attend a
festival almost every other week or so and it was so much fun. Now, of course
since I have been in the wheelchair for the last 7-8 years and don't get to attend
anywhere as many as I use to but I always loved the idea that they were still
going on.

Hugs

Judie