[Dixielandjazz] Steve Barbone and Fairness

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 13:41:10 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/19/03 3:18:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
s3856lpa at webtv.net writes:

> Steve:
> Re your remarks about Candye Kane and the rest of the events in San
> Diego, I have come to the conclusion that you are much too fair and
> open-minded, and always willing to look at the other points of view.
>
> Gads, man! What must I endure in order to peacefully wallow in my
> hide-bound prejudices?  I don't want to hear fairness, open-mindedness,
> and tolerance.  Damn the infidels!  I love Jazz, and other decent and
> creative forms of music.  The music world today is Darwinism in reverse.
> lInstead of evolving on an upward plane, we are watching retrgression in
> a non-diminishing race to oblivion.
>
> I know we'll hardly return to the glorious music of the past, but
> dammit, I'm sure gonna try.
>
> Curmudginly yours,  Harold Smith

I was going to respond to this but since I can't think of anything nice to
say I am going to shut up and let Steve reply if he chooses.  I just don't agree
with the above message and it's too close to Happy Holiday time to get into a
disgruntled dissertation.

Musical content:

Hark the HAROLD SINGS, even if a bit off key.

Cheers,  Have a brandy sit back and put louis on the music box and enjoy life
while we still can.

Cheers to all,

Tom Wiggins