[Dixielandjazz] Mardi Gras - San Diego/flying

WILLIAM HORTON WILLIAMHORTON at peoplepc.com
Thu Dec 18 12:56:56 PST 2003

Hi Judy
Last time I was at the SD fest (4 or 5 years ago) they had 4 or 5 SD bands,
plus other Southern Calif. bands, such as the Chicago Six.  We've moved to
Colorado now, and there's not much of a tradjazz scene, compared to Calif.

Looks like the Feb. Pismo Mardi Gras will be their 25th and last,
unfortunately.  The local businesses who sponsored it have abandoned it, and
the Basin Street Regulars club (sponsors of the Jubilee By The Sea) agreed
to take it on in 2004 so it could see its 25th anniversary.  Sponsoring TWO
festivals in a year is a monumental task for a club, though.  ONE is a
monumental task!

Bill Horton