[Dixielandjazz] Re: Declining Fstival Audiences

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 23:38:50 PST 2003

>Steve Barbone said>

. You (and I) and thousands of other old folks who survive
fly less and less each year. We used to travel all over the place. But now,
it is a pain,
more because we are getting older than any other reason. Heck, we don't do
anything with
as much frequency as we used to.
.

So you need to do lots of advertising over here in the UK and indeed in the
rest of Europe where we're all so much younger:-)  In the last four years
Tony Davis and I have visited five US festivals, four of which we attended
as "punters" and we're plotting at least two more next year. There are a few
organised tours but it's cheaper and quite easy to make your own
arrangements.  Just tell us where to go next!

BTW he should take care with his use of "stiffees" means something quite
different over here:-)

Cheers Jude

.
Judy Eames