Fw: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Fat Tuesday

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 02:19:24 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/16/03 9:30:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
zenith at ans.com.au writes:

> Phil are you the person that transferred our old cassettes (seven of them)
> onto CD for the 2MBS-FM radio programme??  We played a Strove Tuesday open
> air gig  where the Rotary provided and sold pancakes to the passing crowd
> for some charity.  Is there any connection with Strove (pancake) Tuesday and
> Fat Tuesday ???  Or maybe one just gets fat eating pancakes on Tuesdays !?
>
> Tom Wood
> Sydney

All this explanation about Fat Tuesday , A$$ Wedensday and Lent, reminds me
of the story about the guy who asked his wife for a little loving on the first
day of Lent,

She said NO it's Lent,

He replied, oh yeah!  to who? and for how long?  :)

A Henny Youngman line if I remember correctly.
Cheers,

Tom Wiggins