[Dixielandjazz] FW: keeping track

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 16 13:20:39 PST 2003

*** KEEPING TRACK ***

While we like other search engines, such as Turbo 10 and Dogpile, the nod
has to go to Google for innovation in the search engine business.

One such innovation is Google's "News Alert", a very useful free service
you'll want to become familiar with. Simply enter the name of a person,
company or term, provide your email address, and any time your selected key
word appears on the Internet, Google will email you notice along with a link
to the article. To Google's added credit, we have used the service for some
time and have never known Google to abuse our email addresses.

To set up a News Alert for, say, TriStem, go to www.google.com
<http://www.google.com> , click on the NEWS tab then look for the News
Alerts link on the left side of the page. The next time an article on
TriStem comes up, you'll be among the first to know. For business owners,
bandleaders, this service is also a great way of keeping track of mentions
of your band, or competitors, without having to pay for an expensive
clipping service.