[Dixielandjazz] Wierd Gigs

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Tue Dec 16 09:03:15 PST 2003

Back some time in the 60's when the John Birch Society was pretty active, I
& my Dixieland Band (Which is now the Fulton Street Jazz Band) was hired to
play for a Sunday afternoon John Birch Society picnic at Mickey Grove in
Lodi, CA.

The 2 things that were really weird about the gig was, during our breaks,
they piped military march music over the P.A.

Also, for their raffle, door prize, they gave away the biggest rifle with
the biggest telescopic sight you have ever seen.

Now, think about it.  If you were playing for a sportsman club, you might
expect for them to raffle off a rifle but, a political organization?

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA, USA, Earth, Sol's System, Milky Way
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See: http://www.ringwald.com
Boondockers Jazz & Comedy Band