[Dixielandjazz] STJS election

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Tue Dec 16 08:55:35 PST 2003

Regarding the recent election for officers and Board of Directors of the
Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society, Kurt" <bowermaster asks:

> Bob,
>
> I didn't see your name on the list.  What does this mean for the future of
> the Festival?

Bob Ringwald replies:

I am already on the Board of Directors for years 2003/2004.

With the loan the Jazz Society got from the city of Sacramento and from the
Sacramento Visitors and Convention Bureau, we are holding our own.  There
will be a 31st annual Sacramento Jazz Jubilee, Memorial Day weekend 2004,
for sure.

The Jubilee promotional newsletter is now out.  If anyone would like a copy,
you can e-mail me with your name & address & I'll make sure that it is sent
to you.

Regardless of the recent financial problems that we have had, we now have a
*new Board of Directors.  Cost cutting measures are being put in place and
more will come as the months progress.  A lot of things are being
streamlined.  Remember, it is quite an undertaking, putting on a festival of
this size.

We feel, with the new Board members coming aboard, that the future is
beginning to look OK.  There is still a lot of work to be done but, we will
have a Jubilee & it will be a really good one.

If you have not attended Sacramento before, plan to do so this year.  And
remember the largest get together of DJML members takes place Friday morning
at 10:00 AM.

If anyone has further questions, feel free to write to me.

Bob Ringwald
STJS Board Member years 2003/2004

See http://www.ringwald.com/election

-