[Dixielandjazz] New blood for OKOM

Kaye Wade kayewade at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 15 08:59:14 PST 2003

I see in Ct. kids from all ages - 8 & up helping as volunteers, and etc.
They have a half price ticket for them & don't sell the booze in the
rooms where the bands are playing only outside so that the kids can come
in. They are very respectful & love the music and come in droves. In
fact 2 yrs. ago there were about 15 teens that came to every set I sang
and were upset there weren't more.

My grandkids are in age of 11 thru high school & a couple college age.
They love the music, but live in Las Vegas where there is no festival.
They can go to the Gold Coast but have to stand outside the door to
listen. They love the music!

So, it's our own fault that we're loosing people of the younger age. We
do nothing to bring them in.

--
Kaye Wade
Stuntwoman-Actress, Reflexologist