[Dixielandjazz] String jazz group: Hot Club Sandwich

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon Dec 15 09:12:15 PST 2003

Hi all,

There was an article in this morning's San Jose Mercury about a 6 piece
group on tour from Seattle called "Hot Club Sandwich" - I just went to
their website www.hotclubsandwich.com and checked them out. Hot
Reinhardt/Grapelli string swing jazz, a bit of bluegrass and even some
Brazilian flavors!  They are in many ways much like the "Hot Club of
Cowtown" from Austin (I like them too.)

I don't know if the "Hot Club of San Francisco" is still in action -
they were playing this style of string jazz for quite a few years
around the Bay Area but I don't  see their name much anymore...

Dave Richoux