[Dixielandjazz] What about Sir George (Shearing) or Dame Marian (McPartland)?

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Mon Dec 15 15:17:19 PST 2003

It is high time that our recently discredited system of dishing out mostly
unmerited
"honours" was consigned to the dustbin. If it is to continue (as I am sure
it
will) there must be
hundreds of people far more deserving of these baubles than the odious
Jeffrey Archer, his fragrant wife and their ilk. I agree that Shearing and
McPartland would be a step in the right direction.

John Farrell