[Dixielandjazz] Re: Absolutely nothing to do with it

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Mon Dec 15 07:43:04 PST 2003

Amen Richard.  My contributions to Music for Gays was based on economic fact
( Philadelphia and other cities spend money advertising for gay tourism) and
was meant to be playful and, certainly, not meanspirited or offensive.
There were some cute variations of tunes.  Most of my gay friends have a
good sense of humor, but obviously we've offended some members of this list,
I hope it was only the straight ones.  And for that unintentional and
inadvertent offense, I apologize.  It certainly was not intended in a
hurtful or condescending manner.  But the wordplay on the tunes, you must
admit, was sometimes very clever.  Thanks to my clever colleagues!

Norman Vickers
Pensacola