[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 12, Issue 26

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 13 00:49:01 PST 2003

Hi Tom & List mates:

Wholeheartedly agree with just about everything you say except the 0 points for "A"
answer to question 1. Why penalize a band that does not have to play free venues? In
our case, maybe not the rest of the OKOM band world, we attract a varied audience from
8 to 80. Yet we play about 160 gigs paying a year, to the "B" answer groups.

Therefore we believe that we should get MAX points for what we do, even though we
don't do it free except on rare charity occasions where I personally pay the sideman
and donate the band.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone