[Dixielandjazz] Playing in odd keys

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 16:45:37 PST 2003

Hi listmates,

A friend of mine and his his buddy while in high school were quite active in
the music program. One played piano and t'other bass! The two of them, on a
daily practice basis, would go into one of the music practice rooms during
their free periods and would pick one song each day. They would then play
that sucker in all twelve keys. The did this on a regular basis and became
quite adept at easily changing keys. One went on to play in the Lawrence
Welk band and the other became a well known band leader whom most of you
know.

Cheers,

Bill "I play my washboard in all 12 keys" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com