[Dixielandjazz] Re: Irving Berlin's piano>>Troublesome Gb

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Fri Dec 5 15:42:13 PST 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:30:20 EST BudTuba at aol.com writes:
> Years ago I played in a bar with a self-taught pianist who did
> everything is
> Gb.  That is the key that uses ALL the black keys.  He said he
> learned on that
> because the keys stuck up and were easy to find.

I certainly know nothing about keys (after all, I play the washboard*),
but I seem to remember that many years ago, a friend who was a musician
told me that if you played just the black keys, you'd always be in key.
Is that still true?

Jerry "have washboard, will travel" Gordon

* unlike Gunter, who plays the washboard AND knows all about keys and
other such musical esoterica.