[Dixielandjazz] Eggs in basket

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Thu Dec 4 19:46:39 PST 2003

At 05:15 PM 12/4/2003 +0000, John Farrell wrote:
>Does anyone know the correct key for Irving Berlin's "I'm Putting All My
>Eggs In One Basket"? I have a very rough tape of Don Lambert playing it
>which I would like to transcribe, his performance seems to oscillate
>somewhere around Eb and F. Dave Littlefield has a fake book with the tune in
>C (thanks Sheik).

My fakebook is the "Irving Berlin Fake Book", which is an authorized
publication. I wouldn't hesitate to consider the keys of its ca. 200 tunes
to be authoritative.
BTW, most tunes have the verse.

In my opinion, there's no problem with leaving the transcription in the
performer's key. John's gonna have to decide ultimately which key makes the
most sense...

--Sheik