[Dixielandjazz] celebrity thread

Charles Coleman charliew8fim at ncool.net
Tue Dec 2 20:00:30 PST 2003

Listmates:   One more before the thread breaks.   Actor Tony Curtis played passable Alto Sax in the movie "Rat Race".   Don't believe it was dubbed - it didn't sound that good, so I believe or have read that it was him.   BTW the only really GOOD part of the movie was the scene with Sam Butera blowing up a storm.   Would watch it again for those few minutes.
    Also - didn't mobster Al Capone play banjo?   I seem to remember somewhere that he wanted to form a dixieland band while he was in residence on the "rock".
    Charlie (Looking for my fifteen minutes) Coleman