[Dixielandjazz] Re: West Coast Revival Style

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 27 20:37:32 PDT 2003

Dear Bill:

When I said current, I meant playing today. Post WW 2 goes as far back as almost 60 years ago and is not current as I used
the word. Being over 50 years old or so, neither pre Bechet Luter, nor the 47-49 78s are current.

They are, like us, ancient history. ;-)

And yes, of course non-US bands count. Though I admit to not having heard many playing today. ;-)

Cheers,
Steve

PS. Haven't heard that many "current" U.S. OKOM bands either, though more than some folks, I suspect.