[Dixielandjazz] Jim Cullam JB

Gerald "Marty" Nichols trombone19 at netzero.net
Wed Aug 27 15:00:25 PDT 2003

Thanks Don Mopsick for that great rundown on the JCJB.

My days are a lot brighter now that I can click a few keys and have the JCJB
and other guest artists playing any time 24/7 I want on my computer.  It's
really great.

As to any "secret of success" I'd say it's the great music the band plays.
Few bands  today can match it in my opinion.

I would like to know a little about Kenny Rupp the bone player. He is
outstandinly excellent! Mike Pittsley was also.

Don, do you remember me asking you by e-mail what happened to Jim's playing
on that one PRI broadcast i told you about? It was clearly not Jim's usual
playing.

You didn't get back to me.  I just know it was from Sacramento and the band
was backing a female vocalist and also playing the music of one particular
composer.  The names have excaped me.  It was a couple of years ago.

Did you ever reach a conclusion on what happened? I know,
I probably shouldn't keep asking, but I love his playing so much I'm dying
to know what happened.

Of course, it's possible it's just me, and everyone else might think it was
OK.

Who knows?

Long Live Good Jazz!

Marty Nichols aka Gerry Nichols