[Dixielandjazz] cd cataloging database

PLadd36932 at aol.com PLadd36932 at aol.com
Sun Aug 17 17:59:24 PDT 2003

rcrockett1 at houston.rr.com writes:

> I'm fixin' to get ready to begin to list my cd's somewhere.

Hi, you may be able to kill two, or several, birds with stone here.

Bang and Ollafson have produced a CD player with a hard drive on which you
can store 250 CDs. Each of which can be filed under a wide range of criteria.
This will give you the list you want and also enable you to make up your own
playlist etc.,Price around  £1300
Yamaha have a digital audio recorder which stores in searchable order in 999
`albums` each holding 99 tunes. 80 GB hard disk holds 120 hours of
uncompressed music.Editing etc., is easy    CDs can be burned of your own selections..
Title input. Price aroun £600.
Sony have a similar machine 40GB of compressed music which they equate to 500
CD`s.
They also state that CD`s are saved at 2x speed and Auto Library
automatically stores tracks and gives `extremely convenient access` plus with the supplied
PC link you can replace,shuffle,and rename with M-Crew Software. Price around
£600

The main problem I see is deciding into which category you will file each
track and the time it will take to play all your CD`s into the hard drive.

Does anyone have any experience of these or similar systems? I would love
some feedback.

Cheers

Pat