[Dixielandjazz] Re: List mates CDs

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 16 16:47:45 PDT 2003

> Jack Thomas wrote:

> 1.  How about listmates relatives?  Then we could turn him on to Mike Marois'
> uncle Fred's trombone (and uncle Frank's trumpet).
>
> 2. Anyone from High Sierra on the list?  Now there's a trombone for ya!

Jack & List Mates:

As said in the original post, the list mate seeking CDs has an EXTENSIVE
collection of past masters including the "original" Dukes of Dixieland".

What he seeks are CDs from current list members. Unlike most "fans" he desires
to keep up to date with current forms of the music as well as with the earlier
forms.

Agree about "High Sierra". Great band. If they wish to sell a CD to a real fan
in the UK, and they are on the DJML, they might post an address from him to
contact.

So far he has ordered about 10 CDs from list members who responded and some with
Jim Beebe from "commercial" sources.

Cheers,
Steve (always promoting) Barbone