[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 8, Issue 3

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Sun Aug 3 14:25:52 PDT 2003

I> Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] This is a public service announcement.

Bert Bar writes:
Without being disrespectful - what do any of these
tunes have to do with dixieland? Maybe Mack The Knife
would qualify but most of these songs (I'm not saying
they are good or bad musically) do not or should not
be included on this list if we are still talking
dixieland. Am I wrong?

Bert, if I may disagree, I think this is what is wrong with Dixieland today.
We're not adding songs of our own, interpretations of our own, in short, our
own music and variations. Why do we have to play ONLY the good museum pieces?
Can't we mix it up and invent along the way?

Dan (piano fingers) Spink