[Dixielandjazz] Hentoff

Richard Crockett rcrockett1 at houston.rr.com
Sat Aug 2 17:09:03 PDT 2003

Yeah, Kurt! Hentoff rocks!

Every issue of Jazz Times he's the first thing I read!

The Shamrock Grill, here in Houston, has the Market Square Jazz Band every
Wednesday. Led by the Weiler twins, Jim plays trumpet, Joe, tenor sax, they
play a program of Golden OKOM which will always include: "Big Butter and Egg
Man", "Avalon", "Hindustan", "Wolverine Blues"... you get the picture. Last
Feb. the Weilers celebrated their 92nd year. And they play great!

They're definitely worth the trip. Come on Down!! They even let me sit in
occasionally.

Dick Crockett
f-hole, arch-top, owner