[Dixielandjazz] info about Flaming Sally's

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Mon Apr 28 00:22:33 PDT 2003

In a message dated 4/27/2003 7:37:15 PM Central Standard Time, roskva at msn.com
writes:

> Dear All,
>
> I am a writer, and I write short stories for a hobby, I have had some
> published here and there.  If anyone has any information Flaming Sally's
> past and present I would love to hear it.  I believe it is in Mobil Alabama
> area, and it used to be a brothel in years gone by, now a night club.
> Thank you so much for your time
> frankie

    Frank:  there was a Flaming Sally's in Chicago in the 70s-80s.  I'm not
sure actually how long it was there.  Flaming Sally's was a dining-dance room
with entertainment in the Blackstone Hotel.   My band, Jim Beebe's Chicago
Jazz was there five nights a week for several years. in the late 70s. Before
that the Jazz Ltd. Band and others were in there.

Jim Beebe