[Dixielandjazz] Morton and Cook site updates - Thompson

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Fri Apr 25 10:13:22 PDT 2003

Mike and Bob have mentioned Butch Thompson. As a graphic designer, I just
want to alert some of you with Web sites to Mr. Thompson's Web site as a
good example of what a professionally done, fully-functional site should
look and behave like. Recently, I had to go to the site to get a photo for
use in the program for his upcoming STJS performance. Not only did he have
several professionally-done shots to choose from, there was a "press room"
page with all the write-ups and high-resolution photos a newspaper or
magazine could want in their effort to promote his events. He makes it easy
for others to promote him! As someone who has wasted countless hours trying
to acquire a photo and bio, when I should've been concentrating only on
graphic design, I found this site to be very refreshing!!! :)  Not everyone
has the need for such a high-end site, but if you're curious and have time,
check it out: http://www.butchthompson.com/
Love and hugs,
Nancy