[Dixielandjazz] Easter Monday

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 21 20:48:36 PDT 2003

dear friends,
Today, to celebrate my birthday, I with my wife Jess, dear friends John McCarthy
(Australia's top jazz clarinet man), Ken Tratt (ex-banjo player) and his wife
Rita, went to the local football club for lunch to hear our  mates Bob Barnard
(the world's best jazz cornet player); Chris Taperell (Australia's best and one
of the world's best jazz pianists), Len Barnard (Australia's best drummer) and
Darcy Wright (ace bass player).
It was all free, with discounted drinks and food for us members.
There was a small, but enthused, audience.
Wonderful. Unbelievable. Only in Australia!
Kind regards,
Bill.