[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Im Comin' Virginia"/Condon

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 18 18:02:06 PDT 2003

Dear Bud,
Regarding: >The Condon version from the 50's is the best I've ever heard and the
most beautiful. Sorry, I don't know what album it was on.<
You are probably recalling the Eddie Condon & His Dixieland Band Columbia
'Bixieland' album (CL719).
Now on a Mosaic set.
"I'm Comin' Virginia" was one of 5 recorded on 20 April (Hitler's birthday and
also mine!) 1955 with Bobby Hackett (as Pete Pesci), c; Cutty Cutshall, tb; Dick
Cary, alto horn; Edmond Hall, cl; Gene Schroeder, p; Eddie Condon, g; Walter
Page, sb; George Wettling, d.
Certainly a beautiful version, which I am playing at this moment.
Kind regards,
Bill.