[Dixielandjazz] WWW

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Wed Apr 16 23:15:10 PDT 2003

The ever contested song of What A Wonderful World (at least in various
threads on DJML) has once again raised its head.....in the middle of
Michael Moore's documentary "Bowling", in its original Armstrong
versión, and a very wild, heavy rock version during the titles at the
end.

I thoroughly enjoyed the "different version" musically, although its
appearance at the end of the film was to make you think about other
matters not musical.

If anyone is interested in discussing the film itself, we should do it
privately, as that has nothing to do with the content of DJML.

I was thrilled to hear how music can be treated in different styles, and
still be so well done.  Excellent example of musical liberties.  Our
music can be played in so many ways, fitting the particular mood, and
that is what keeps it alive.

Jim