[Dixielandjazz] Naples, Florida in June!

willc willc at nova.edu
Sat Apr 12 18:14:34 PDT 2003

Randy-
On the 4th (not last) Sunday afternoon of every month, the Hot Jazz and
Alligator Gumbo Society meets at the Elks Club in Pompano Beach starting
at 1:30.

If you come, by all means bring your whistle. You will wind up on a set.

To get there from Naples, take I-75 (Alligator Alley) across the
Everglades (about 90 miles) and not long after a Seminole reservation
truck stop, continue straight east on I 595 (I-75 heads south to Miami)
about 8-9 miles to I-95. Go north on I-95 about 6 - 7 miles to Atlantic
Ave (or maybe Blvd). Go east on Atlantic about 1 mile to Dixie Highway
(just before the railroad tracks). Go north two stoplights to 10th
Street and turn right (east). About a mile down 10th on the south east
corner, you'll see a large Elks Club property (off to your left in the
distance you may see the Goodyear blimp). HAGS meets in the west meeting
room.

At the reception desk, sign in as a musician and ask Marcie to direct
you to the bar or the reserved for musicians seats up front at the right
of the stage. I am virtually certain to be in one of those two locales
if I have arrived - Marcie can tell you that, too. --

Do let me know if you plan to make it.

These instructions apply also to any others who happen to get lost while
wandering around the west coast of Florida near the end of any month.

Film at 11.

Kindly
Will Connelly
River Liffey Saloon Jazz Band