[Dixielandjazz] HELP Please

Bobolink7736 at aol.com Bobolink7736 at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 03:58:00 PDT 2003

Hey, DJMLers,
     I just got two good sized posters of my still-favorite trumpet player,
Louis.
One is of the King Oliver Creole Jazz Band with Lil Harding at the piano.
It's not the really famous one that I really want but it's a goody anyway.
The other poster is of Louis with Billie Holliday.  The latter is of a photo
made by Phil Stern with a 1949 and 1989 copywrite.  I wonder if anyone on
list is familiar with this picture, or can tell me who the trombonist was?
Or other band members?  I would be pleased also to learn the names of the
members of the King Oliver band in this picture.  It's in color.
Louis is in the middle of the first row.  I would also be pleased to know the
identity
of others in the picture with Louis and Billie, if anyone has it or knows,
especially
the beautiful woman standing behind the piano.  Thanks loads.  Boy, I sure
hope we
got the definitions and hermeneutics behind us for a year or so.  No threats
from me
though as I am thoroughly delighted with the DJML.
     Still struggling to learn to play the cornet but not able to practice
the five hours a day I was doing last year, and have been missing the jam
sessions I was playing in
in Chicago.  I need a teacher for cornet and trombone (which I haven't played
in years).
Any suggestions?
     Gratefully,
     bob lynn, just outside Chicago in Park Forest, IL, formerly of Gary, IN.
     bobolink7736 at aol.com