[Dixielandjazz]Ory’s Baby Boy/Do What Mama Say

Robert Greenwood robertgreenwood_54uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 14:29:06 PST 2003

There is also a recording of Mama’s Baby Boy by the
New Orleans Ragtime Orchestra. This came out on a
Sonet LP but I don’t think it’s around on CD just yet.
I seem to remember that it was either trumpeter Lionel
Ferbos or drummer John Robichaux who sang the vocal on
this track. There's another recording of it on AMCD-50
Frank Goudie with Amos White. The same tune was also
recorded in 1940 by a band led by the New Orleans
trumpeter Kid Rena under the name of Get It Right.
This session can be found on AMCD-41.
Robert Greenwood.