[Dixielandjazz] Rumors of the demise of The Wooden Nickel Jass Band

Dan Augustine ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:06:49 -0500

Bob and others (who may be divided into those who have heard WNJB and those who haven't)--
    Sorry to hear this, from the fan's point of view.  From your point of view, it is all too understandable, but still lamentable.
    I didn't attend a dixieland festival until two years ago (in Sacramento), but WNJB was one of those i heard, and of course i had to hear you guys again this year too.  WNJB is one of the great performing bands, by which i mean not only from the purely musical point of view, but as highly enjoyable entertainment also.  I still don't see how you could play your trombone with Brady draped all over you, singing; i would have had any number of unfortunate non-musical reactions to that if she were draped over me (much harder, though, if i were playing tuba).  Hope you get together every once in a while in future years and perform.
    Of course, i had to go out to Jazz by Mail and order all of your CD's before the run on them starts.

    Dan

--
** Dan Augustine - ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu             **