[Dixielandjazz] Money in Whiteman's day

Charlie Hooks charliehooks@earthlink.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:00:18 -0500

on 9/26/02 7:02 AM, Thompson at res0a3qw@verizon.net wrote:

> My wife makes 1400 q week teaching school!
>
> No wonder you live in the Chicago area instead of Texas!  At $78,200 my
> son would not have left the teaching profession!  Granted he had just
> started out, but he was making less than $30,000 a year.  Went to work
> for Unisys so he could support his wife.
>
> Rebecca

Yes, saleries are not bad here.  My sister-in-law, head of drama dept at Oak
Park-River Forest High school, makes 85,000 and her husband, head of history
dept, makes another 86.  Of course, expenses are a tad higher, too, and the
only guy really making dough is the IRS agent!

I'm still pining for those 35 cent Sunday dinners...

Charlie