[Dixielandjazz] Dukes od Dixieland. LP info required.

Mike Marois MikeMarois@HireLiveMusicians.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:33:05 -0500

Bill;

Thanks for the suggestion of a text only discography page.  I will have to
work that into the site.  I have a data base of all of the Dukes re-issues.
I'm confused about the request on Vol 4. Concert Hall LP SJS 1264, I'm still
trying to find it.  Could it possibly be Vol 10, Carnegie Hall or Vol 4, On
Bourbon Street with The Dukes of Dixieland?.

On your request for Curtain Going Up - Roulette RL 25029 - 1958, The
Original Dukes of Dixieland, Frank Assunto Trumpet/Vocals, Fred Assunto
Trombone, Betty Owens Vocals, I'm asking Deano to help out on the rest of
the personel(Deano is Frank's son)

Tunes:
Wailin' Blues, Swanee River Session, Jazz Me Blues, Dukes Stomp, Hindustand,
After You've Gone, St. James Infirmary, Sampson's Delight.

Is that enough of just the facts???

Sorry but I do have to address your final statements.  Thanks for your
interest in the data about the Real Dukes.  Too bad you could care less
about the impact that the Assunto family had on Dixieland Jazz, and the
efforts that we've undergone over the past two decades to right the record.
I guess that you're not much of a traditionalist.

Mike Marois
Nephew of Frank and Freddy Assunto