[Dixielandjazz] The cradle of recorded jazz!

Vilcad (Ron Gable) Vilcad \(Ron Gable\)" <vilcad@earthlink.net
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:17:23 -0400

Hello Listers,

One of my musician friends sent this most wonderful link to me,

http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2002/technopop/index.html

it's about a friend of mine, Sam Meier and the cradle of recorded jazz.

This is the first of a series of NPR programs discussing the same questions
that show up on this list.  Where is our music going?  The part with Sam
concerns the history of how OKOM really got started.  The birth place was
New Orleans, but the more important event was the beginning of recording
OKOM which started in Richmond Indiana at Gennett Records.

If you have not seen this, be sure to check it out.

Ron & Rosemary Gable
Jazz Advocates & Jazz
Writer for Impact Weekly
10790 W. National Road