[Dixielandjazz] Speaking Of Midi

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:19:44 -0400 (EDT)

Bob Ringwald forget to note that John Farrell invites you to download his
midi files to your hard drive, so you can listen offline. For the less
computer literate:
 Right click on the title and "Save". First, make a new directory--I have
a "Midi" directory, with a "Farrell" subdirectory--and save the file to
it. When you're done downloading all the files, you can go to that
directory anytime (in the file manager), double click on a file, and the
default media player will pop up and play the file.

There are a lot of crappy midi files on the web, but also some
dandies--good ragtime, Jelly Roll Morton. As I recall, I found my Mortons
by searching Google under "Jelly Roll Morton midi"...
--Sheik