[Dixielandjazz] unwritten rules new scenario

PLadd36932@aol.com PLadd36932@aol.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 15:54:50 EDT

In a message dated 13/09/02 22:30:29 GMT Daylight Time, Kmstrmldr@aol.com
writes:

<< I think it is interesting that most of the non-jazz posts are submitted
 > (and I am only stating this as an interesting fact) by Bob Ringwald under
 > the heading of chastising if not castigating those that put non-jazz posts
 > on the list  ....... >>

I think that observation is inaccurate. Bob lets us get away with murder with
just an occasional tug on the reigns. Usually just at the moment  we need it
most.
The fact that we are an unmoderated list allows us to wander a bit off the
straight and narrow. That in itself is a characteristic which makes this list
different to most others. A slap on the wrist every now and again,
particularly as we know it is deserved, is a price which I , for one am happy
to pay.

Thanks Bob

PatL