[Dixielandjazz] Non-jazz Posts: A Solution

Henry B. Stinson HenryStinson@BlueHeavenMusic.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 11:06:47 -0400

> Ringwald asks:
>
> >Did Don just pass out the Hot Jazz Talk Mailing List business on our gig???
> It sure looks like it when I read the note he posted on the DJML:
>
> Bill Gunter wrote:
> Seems a mite unethical in light of our past discussions.

Seems like an awfully funny statement coming from you,
Bill G, in light of your past input on these discussions. ha ha!

It also seems like Don is not trying to take away a paying gig
from anybody.

It seems he IS trying to do a service.  Maybe some folks
might like to belong to TWO mailing discussions about jazz.
I would think a lot of folks wouldn't have time to read both lists,
unless they are pro jazzbos who see value in having a wider set
of resources to draw from.  (I see a lot of requests for info,
lyrics, lead sheets and chord charts that get answered on this list.)
I hadn't seen Don M's post before.  It IS a bit questionable
to post on one list to take folks away from that list, but maybe that
wasn't Don's intention.

So we have one list that is moderated and text only, and we have
one list that is not.  So what?  As an old music teacher of mine,
Ziggy Hurwitz (Charlotte, NC) said, "That's why God made
chocolate and vanilla."

Frankly I'm about at the point where I don't have the time to read
the emails I get on this list, and delete most of the messages.  I'm
going to leave the list for a while.    I certainly am grateful to Bob
Ringwald for his work in moderating this list.  Whenever he has
"gotten down on my case" for posting off topic, he has done so
gently and courteously.

Dave Littlefield and others:  If you see anything that might be of
interest to me, feel free to forward it to me at
HenryStinson@BlueHeavenMusic.com.

Henry B. Stinson, BSECE, Senior Software Engineer (VB)
  Web Page Design and Quality Software Development
  www.TheVeryBestHomeBusiness.com
  Jazz vocalist (tenor), jazz harmonica, jazz whistling, and "mouth trumpet"
ORPHEUS JAZZ ENSEMBLE and BLUE HEAVEN JAZZ BAND
  http://www.BlueHeavenMusic.com   +
  http://www.blueheavenmusic.com/Artists/Henry_Stinson/HS__HOME.htm
Tel (msgs): 703-742-4670,   Hm: 703-893-8930 (Ring once, then call again)